As a Creativity Coach I find that most of my clients struggle with simple life issues such as using their time, making decisions, working smarter--not harder, juggling tasks and responsibilities etc.
My book, SECRETS FROM A CREATIVITY COACH (available on Amazon or AWOC.COM) and my column in ART FOCUS OKLAHOMA magazine address these issues.
My blog, DO MORE, STRESS LESS, provides information on productivity and creativity in a super fast and easy format. Information will be practical and simple to use, making it easy for you to DO MORE, STRESS LESS.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Decision-making Short-cut #1


 1.      Ask questions (get the real story about this request for your time or talents)
2.      Gather information (write everything down)
3.      Review information (place your notes where you can see them often)
4.      Don’t feel rushed to make a decision (it's okay to take a couple of days to decide)
5.      Examine your initial thoughts and feelings (do you feel excited or overwhelmed?)
6.      Go a little deeper (Feeling excited? Are you really interested or just trying to people please or procrastinate? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe your schedule is too tight for one more thing)
7.      Remember your long-term goals (examine this request in light of your long-term goals. Ask: "Will this "opportunity" move me closer to my goals?" If not, pass and do something that will push you forward).
8.      Accept or decline with grace (say no in a nice way to leave doors open)
NEXT BLOG POST: HOW TO SAY NO IN A NICE WAY

1 comment:

  1. Hi Romney! These are excellent tips. I really struggle with #8. I have a difficult time saying no to begin with. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or maybe let them down in any way. I'm a people-pleaser. There, my big secret is out. I want everyone to like me and will go great lengths to get their approval. I think it all stems from way back in school when I never fit in no matter how hard I tried. Anyway, I know you need your sofa for the next client. LOL Love your photo! You're very pretty. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete